Welcome to the 56th Table It Link Party. A cool sanctuary from the sweltering heat! A place where you can link up your blog posts about: Recipes, Home Décor, DIY Projects, Vintage or Junkin finds, Tablescapes or Gardening.
Speaking of #Gardening; How about a nice water balloon fight to cool off? Or a nice long shower from the garden hose? How many of you ever drank from the hose when you were a kid? Raise your hand….The hose is where I took one of my baths yesterday. Hubby and I spent all morning out in the front yard. We enlarged the flower bed to accommodate the next plumber who screws me out of a proposal or doesn’t call me back.
Kidding! (more on that later) We actually enlarged it to take some of the flowers from the back yard. Remember that hideous bed I said was going bye bye? Well, we or should I say “G” dug up some yesterday for me and we transplanted them up front. Now I know those of you that have green thumbs say “I thought you weren’t supposed to move flowers in the dead of summer…..Well technically, you’re not. But I do it anyway. The heat does take its toll, but next year they’ll be good as new and you’ll never know I traumatized them in 85 degree heat.
We transplanted the cone flower's, a mini oakleaf hydrangea and the blue Delphinium. If you look close enough you can tell. If you have a black thumb like I used too? Well anything that looks like a cat ran over it and is falling over? Those are it.
These babies will get tender love and watering every day, until the roots take hold and they sprout back. Plus, they’ll get to hear whatever song is pounding out on my I-Pod for motivation too
After a couple of hard rains, the rock border will sink in the dirt and look more like its right side counterpart.
Now how about a party? Oh, I forgot to give the latest in the sump pump saga. Well here’s the breakdown:
So far in 2 weeks I have contacted 7 plumbing companies. 4 of which have called me back. 3 of whom, have actually followed through by stopping by to look at the job. Only 1 has given me a proposal. Insert frustrated screams followed by evil / humorous thoughts of plumbers being tortured and humiliated here.
Needless to say thoughts of plumbing, sump pumps and the large hole in my backyard are a heated subject around here, so “G” and I took a break for the weekend and just shoved it aside…..to have happy thoughts.
Like this party!
NEW HOUSE NEW HOME and her gorgeous painting project
|Clock Face Painted Kitchen Table|
BACK PORCH MUSINGS and her delicious looking breakfast tablescape
|Porch Breakfast Tablescape|
HOME MADE ZAGAT and her #Nomm Oxtail Mac n Cheese
|Oxtail Mac n Cheese|
LOVELY LIVINGS and a wonderfully shady spot to nap or just cool off
BRINGING FRENCH COUNTRY HOME and Pat’s beautiful garden shed makeover
|Garden Shed Makeover|
THANK YOU BLOGGERS!
- Please share this Link Party two different ways...Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ or any other social media. If you can't share it, then put the party button on you blog post or sidebar to help get the word out. (No share or link back - No Feature)
- The party starts every Sunday at 4pm!
- Visit at least 3 other links and leave them a comment. REMEMBER – one comment from you, can make some else smile! So do not link and run!
- No Etsy or similar links please.
- By Linking up today, you are permitting me to use your picture(s) on my Social Media Pages and Blog strictly for promoting the Link Party and your blog post.
- You can link up any 3 posts on: Home Decor, Tablescapes, Recipes, Gardening, or diy. Rusty, crusty, chippy or painted. Vintage finds or shopping trips.